Film Festival tickets are currently unavailable due to high demand.
Please join the Wait List. We'll notify you if more tickets are released.
The San Diego Surf Ladies are excited to present “Board Shorts 2012: Surf Films by SoCal Artists Inspired by Women.” Films selected for this festival will be screened at The Loft at UCSD on February 25, 2012, hosted by Linda Benson, 5x World Champion and female surf legend. The screening will be followed by a Q&A Session with filmmakers and notable surfers, and a Meet & Greet whilst hip world beats get the dance party started.
The night will also play host to the opening of a brand new art exhibit to compliment the festival, with new works from some of Southern California's exciting female artists in the coastal communities and beyond, Susan Wickstrand & Christine Brailsford.
Buy tickets early as this event may sell out. Purchase tickets on the Event page of this website.
Date: Saturday, February 25th
Venue: The Loft at UC San Diego
After Party: 9.30pm
Open to all ages!
LIMITED TO 200 PEOPLE
Note: Premium Membership is only required to attend the VIP reception, but is not required to buy $5 Festival Tickets.
Guest Speaker and Emcee:
Julie Cox, Ira Opper, UCSD Outback Adventures, San Diego Surf Ladies!
Featuring brand new artwork by:
Apparel, accessories, hardware & art for sale by
DJ Ayla Simone
Ayla Simone is one of San Diego's top female DJ's. Remaining a focus in the nightlife industry she was featured in 944 magazine as San Diego's DJ to look out for in 2011.
Dinner & Drinks available from Zanzibar at The Loft during the event
Fundraiser drawing will benefit San Diego Surf Ladies along with San Diego Coastkeeper. Prizes have been donated from the following sponsors, including a surfboard from . Be sure to bring cash for your drawing ticket.
- LINDA BENSON to host: Our Anniversary Party and the 2012 Board Shorts Film Festival will be introduced by none other than 5 x world champion and female surf legend Linda Benson! A former speaker at a San Diego Surf Ladies Anniversary party we feel no San Diego Women’s surfing event would be complete without such an icon in the sport.
- SAN DIEGO SURF FILM FESTIVAL - We are stoked to announce that the wonderful folks in charge of organizing the very first San Diego Surf Film Festival will be selecting one of the short films shown at the Boards Shorts festival in February to screen during their three days of surf film goodness at Bird's Surf Shed May 11 - 13, 2012.
SAN DIEGO COASTKEEPER has been chosen as the beneficiary of a portion of the proceeds from the fundraiser at the Board Shorts Film Festival. San Diego Coastkeeper protects the region's inland and coastal waters for the communities and wildlife that depend on them by blending education, community empowerment and advocacy.
Film submissions are now closed. Thank you to those film makers that have submitted their board shorts!
We decided on some simple criteria that aligns with the mission and goals of San Diego Surf Ladies. If your film matches the descriptions below, we'd love it see it!
- Film should be over one (1) minute and under fifteen (15) minutes
- Film should be focused on surfing and/or surfing industry, AND include some women in the film.
- Artists should be based in or have association with Southern California.
- Deadline for submission is Sunday, Feb 5, 2012 at 11:59 pm (PST).
Once you're sure you meet all of above criteria, follow these two simple steps.
1. Read our full Rules and Guidelines set by San Diego Surf Ladies. A panel of industry professionals will review all submissions received by Feb 5, 2012 at 11:59 pm (PST). If your video is chosen, you will be contacted by email. Film finalists are invited to a private VIP Reception prior to the screening. We also ask film finalists to participate in a Q&A session.
2. Submit your video on our Submissions page (socalboardshorts.tumblr.com/submit).
Interested in sponsoring this event and featuring your business or product? Click on our Donations and Sponsors Page for details and instructions on how to participate.
Please contact Michelle Ocampo at email@example.com with any questions or Liz Bradshaw at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Happy Film Making!